Don’t get caught with an ill-fitted, Basic Black Suit
First impressions are everything. And so are your outgoing. Grad night may be your final night to leave a lasting impression on your teachers and peers. It is time to ‘Suit up!’ and look impeccable for Grad 2023.
At Seamless Alterations, we help young men build confidence by tailoring ‘off the rack’ suits and creating a sharper and more dapper you. If you are a young man who wishes to leave an enduring impression, then we are your tailor. Sometimes, a slight alteration can make a world of difference.
A few services we provide:
- Tailor-Fitted Suit Jacket– Let us customize your suit jacket to accentuate your body type. Our skilled tailor can take in or let out your suit jacket, narrowing the sleeves, or shorten its length. Shortening the jacket sleeves are one of the most common alterations which allows for your shirt cuff to be slightly exposed and accommodates your watch.
- Dress Pant Alterations – We can shorten or lengthen your pants to the perfect measurement; feel comfortable in your perfectly fitted dress pant. As well, we can adjust your pant waist so that your belt does not cause your pant waist to bunch up, or your belt is not the only thing holding up your pants from falling off.
- Dress Shirt Alterations – Shorten sleeves, tailor fitted resizing, add darts or take in. Your dress shirt should match the fit of your suit jacket.
- Resize your Suit – whether your suit is yours, your fathers’, or your father’s father, we can assist in altering it to fit you.
Store bought suits rarely fit well since the clothing sizes are generally too generic. It may be one element or many, but our professional tailor will have your suit fitted perfectly to you and your measurements.
Your date will thank you. Your mother will admire you. Your father will remember his well-dressed, young man. And of course, your friends will want to look as good as you do.
Things to know
- When purchasing a new suit, always make sure the jacket shoulders fit perfectly. Everything else is easier to alter.
- Your dress shirt cuff should be long enough to be slightly exposed, like the photo below.
- Always bring your shoes, shirt and belt to each fitting.
- Alterations take a minimum of 2-3 weeks. However, if you are behind schedule, we do have expedited services (with an increased rate) and can complete alterations on your schedule.
We are delighted to be considered for your graduation suit alterations. The first step in our process is to arrange a consultation with our Professional Tailor to assist you in illuminating your desired needs, provide recommendations, and present you with a breakdown of your graduation suit’s estimated alteration cost.
Since every client has varying preferences in their suit alterations and modifications, our rate is always based on the time required to complete your alterations and is presented initially as an estimate.
Graduation Consultation Service – $35 (up to 15-minutes)
Our service provides (both of) us the time to determine your needs and build a foundation of trust between us. Our main objective will always be to help our Grads look fashionable, and feel confident – right from your initial fitting.
Your Graduation Consultation includes:
- A Personal Examination of your Graduation Suit with our Master Seamstress complete with professional recommendations and advice.
- A Specialized Suit Fitting, modelled by you, and pinned in front of our large wall mirror, to assist you in visualizing the potential appearance of your suit.
- An Itemized Estimation. Upon the cessation of your consultation, we present you with an itemized estimate to help guide you in choosing which alterations fit your objectives/budget.
- A large, accessible fitting room with a comfortable seating area for up to 3 guests – ample space for mothers, fathers and grandparents.
- Expediated Services for last minute alterations and touch ups. Please note: Expediated rates are higher than our standard rate and depends on the base cost and standard service schedule.
It’s Your Choice – You decide which services you wish to order; all of them, some of them, or none of them – your only obligation is the cost of the consultation.
And if your suit requires only a few minor alterations, we will utilize the consultation time to prepare your alterations and you can rest assured that your suit fits you, as it should.
Should you wish to book a consultation, or have any questions, please submit your information on the form provided. We recommend you book your consultation at least 2-3 weeks before the day you require to wear your suit. Please mention in the consultation booking form that your request is for a suit.
Please ensure you arrive for your consultation with the proper belt and shoes for your suit to ensure a successful consultation.
Why Choose Seamless Alterations?
- Professional Tailors on site
- High workmanship standards with over 15 years of Experience
- Our 60 day ‘Triple Check Guarantee’
- Modern, computerized Japanese sewing machines for accurate stitches
- On-time service with a personalized experience
- Last minute, expediated services are available
- Repeat happy clients
- Because we want your suit to fit you!
Call 604.463.8026 to schedule your appointment